Foamboard Magic – Pretty Picture Frame
GRASONVILLE, MD – Friday afternoon – Eileen Hull was a recent guest on my Inspired at Home Radio show. I really enjoyed talking to her about her books Matboard Magic and Foamboard Magic. Just in case you missed the interview, you can check it out on our podcast archives page!
To celebrate all the creative things that you can do with foamboard, this Sunday (9/13/09), we’re giving away Eileen’s Foamboard Magic book to one of our lucky listeners! This book is filled with creative foamboard projects for home, school, architecture, crafts and holidays. You won’t believe all of the great projects you can make including the cutest Halloween and Christmas designs. To sign-up for this week’s giveaway, just go to the Inspired at Home website, click on the sign-up link and then, to enter, send an email with your name, city & state to email@example.com. Remember that you can enter each week for your chance to win!
Want to get started right now creating with foamboard, here’s a pretty floral frame project created especially for you by Eileen! Get Creative! Get Inspired! Have Fun! >> Tiffany
by Eileen Hull
This frame may be whipped up in minutes (if you have the right tools, of course!). Consider making them as Christmas gifts for everyone on your list this year. Match the colors to recipient’s décor, or yours!
You will need:
2 pieces of foamboard cut to 12” x 12”
Krylon™ Spray Adhesive
2 coordinating 12” x 12” papers, flowers, brads and ribbons
FoamWerks Circle Cutter
FoamWerks Straight Cutter
FoamWerks Hole Drill- ¼” blade
- Read directions for FoamWerks tools.
- Cut boards to size using FoamWerks Straight Cutter and metal ruler.
- Adhere papers to foamboard pieces with spray adhesive.
- Position circle cutter over center of one piece of foamboard and cut a 6” circle.
TIP: To find the exact center, draw lines from corner to corner on the back of the board. Where the lines intersect is the middle. Align center pin of Circle Cutter over center and cut there.
- With hole drill, punch out 5 holes centered at top of frame. Repeat on second board.
- Add embellishments as desired. Place uncut board behind the circle opening piece and tie together with ribbons. Back piece will serve as easel for standing upright.
- Add photo and enjoy!
Foamboard – www.elmers.com
FoamWerks Cutting Tools – www.logangraphic.com
Spray Adhesive – www.krylon.com